Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 9th...Amazing Surprise!

My parents have been attempting to get on space available flights from Dover to Rota for about a week now.  When I had spoken to them last, their plan was to get on a flight going to Sigonella, Italy, because the flight coming here was taking no passengers.  I didn't hear from them this morning, so I assumed they were headed to Italy!  Much to my surprise as I was picking the girls up from school, there were my parents!!!  Since they had decided to stick around the terminal in Dover to go to Sigonella, they ended up taking passengers on the flight to Rota....SURPRISE!!!!!  We were so excited, we continued the surprise, by walking up to meet Shawn at school!  Another surprise, and he got to bring home the rubber chicken from school.  The rubber chicken is a reward for good behavior in the lunchroom, given to a class by month.  This was a big deal, since the was the first time his class had earned the chicken!  We broke my parents in quickly this weekend with Shawn's first basketball game Saturday morning and then off to the drive in that night to see Lorax! 




Then on Sunday we went in Rota for the afternoon.  There was a couple getting wedding photos taken, so we decided to take a few, beautiful with the horse drawn carriage!  The kids did great walking all the way down the boardwalk!








No comments:

Post a Comment